Young Persons Drugs, Alcohol and Sexual Health Education Workers (DASH)
The DASH workers work with young people up to the age of 18 around sexual health, drugs and alcohol on a one to one basis providing information, advice and support.
Sexual health support might include:
– Contraception advice
– Chlamydia testing
– Pregnancy testing
– Referral to, and support to access, specialist sexual health services
Drugs and alcohol support might include:
– Education about what different drugs and alcohol do
– The risks around taking drugs and alcohol and how to reduce them
– How to stay safe around people who are using drugs and alcohol
– The reasons why people choose to use drugs or alcohol and how to avoid drugs or alcohol use becoming a problem
Up to 18
Sofia Arnell: 07968 424704 Kate Lackenby: 07717 303291
Getting there / Access
Referrals and appointment mornings at secondary schools.
Referrals can be made by any professional, parent or young person (self referral).
When & Where
DASH workers can make arrangements to meet at a location that suits you the young person i.e. school, youth centre, home visit.